Monday, October 02, 2006

Back to the Library, while Česko Hledá Superstar

I have finally returned to the library, where, as my old card had expired at the end of June and was in tatters, I finally got to have one of those spiffy new plastic cards with the photo ID. It was pretty exciting. I immediately ordered a stack of periodicals, and within a couple of hours I was in the midst of Čin and Levá fronta. Around 8pm I wandered home and discovered that Hubert has finally written something on his blog. If you want to see a composer's obsessed view of the TV show Česko Hledá Superstar (based on an American show called American Idol, I gather), here it is: Martinů and Fried Cheese" Review of Česko Hledá Superstar. The main thing I know about this program is that my friend Zuzana has been known to design costumes for it. We'll keep her opinion of it confidential. Mainly I'm worried that Hubert will persuade me to watch the thing as language practice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hubert said...

Whose costumes did Zuzana design? I don't recall anyone wearing what I would describe as costume-like.

October 02, 2006 11:50 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I think "finding" is more apropos in this case. It's less a matter of designing from scratch than choosing the look.

October 03, 2006 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope that Hubert convinces you to convince Zuzana to get us all back stage passes!

October 04, 2006 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home