Sunday, January 28, 2007

Emerging from Antisocialdom

What with the sun going down around 5pm and no light returning until about 7:30am, it could be awhile before my sleep patterns really readjust to European time. Waking up at 5:00 or so does mean it is not too hard to get to the library in time to sit by an electrical outlet, but tiredness is unpredictable.
Still, I am getting a fair amount of work done, which along with my unpredictable sleep patterns has made me reluctant to bother putting credit on my cell phone and letting anyone know I'm back. I have now taken the plunge, however. If I can talk to Jesse on Skype at 5:30 am (it being later than that in Ann Arbor), I can SMS a few people, who are now interrupting my typing with their replies. With luck, by tomorrow (or even later today) I might actually be up for face-to-face conversation.
For the moment, though, I am more concerned with putting the finishing touches on two conference paper proposals that I wrote after doing my grocery shopping. First thing Sunday morning is definitely the time to go to the supermarket!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's taken me awhile, but I'm back on the communication main line. I now have a new phone! Glad to hear that you're back in the swing of things.

January 29, 2007 9:43 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Same number?

January 30, 2007 9:00 AM  
Blogger Alex said...


January 30, 2007 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home