Sunday, January 28, 2007

Emerging from Antisocialdom

What with the sun going down around 5pm and no light returning until about 7:30am, it could be awhile before my sleep patterns really readjust to European time. Waking up at 5:00 or so does mean it is not too hard to get to the library in time to sit by an electrical outlet, but tiredness is unpredictable.
Still, I am getting a fair amount of work done, which along with my unpredictable sleep patterns has made me reluctant to bother putting credit on my cell phone and letting anyone know I'm back. I have now taken the plunge, however. If I can talk to Jesse on Skype at 5:30 am (it being later than that in Ann Arbor), I can SMS a few people, who are now interrupting my typing with their replies. With luck, by tomorrow (or even later today) I might actually be up for face-to-face conversation.
For the moment, though, I am more concerned with putting the finishing touches on two conference paper proposals that I wrote after doing my grocery shopping. First thing Sunday morning is definitely the time to go to the supermarket!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's taken me awhile, but I'm back on the communication main line. I now have a new phone! Glad to hear that you're back in the swing of things.

January 29, 2007 9:43 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Same number?

January 30, 2007 9:00 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

ano

January 30, 2007 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home