Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Merry Christmas, a bit late

There was, I am afraid, a slight unannounced hiatus in this blog. Yes, just think of it, I was not tied to the computer over the holidays! In fact, not only that, but I had no internet access. In short, I left the urban regions entirely to spend Christmas with Štěpanka and Michael, who live in a village in the former Sudetenland, roughly between Plzeň and Karlový Vary. Jesse was also invited, as Štěpanka enjoys having guests and they had become acquainted by telephone over a matter of baking soda.
I now realize I should have mentioned this fact before I left Prague, as when I finally got around to getting online again this evening, I discovered that several of my most faithful readers have been checking the blog regularly to see if I had posted anything new. (And I had not. Alas.)
Yes, most of my visitors over the weekend were not random web surfers, but a mixture of those I know well and those who have run across this blog and enjoyed it enough to return. I feel touched.
Merry Christmas, and (not to remain in the past) Happy Hanukah!
For your delectation, I post the two holiday cards currently available from Archelaus (unfortunately, neither really addresses Hanukah, so my apologies on that).



Filed under:

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

These cards are from your brother's company, že? They are beautiful. Where is he based and can I get them in the US?

Happy New year to you and I hope you had a lovely Christmas and Hannuka!

December 28, 2005 7:26 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Yes, they're from Archelaus, his new venture. You can find these two on the page http://www.archelaus-cards.com/holidays.htm (you may have to copy and paste this URL into your browser window). From there you can go to the order form, though of course you may want to look at other cards as well. He'll send out orders as soon as he gets home, which will be in a few days.

December 28, 2005 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated holiday greetings!!! Actually, I searched electronically for an appropriate greeting for you, and didn't find one. Because you are YOU, it or course needed to have a certain...edge to it. None of this sappy stuff. (and of course, the weirder the better--it is so nice to have a friend to share weirdness with--we do seem to have similar....tastes!)
anyway, your christmas sounds like it was lovely! i am glad you stayed there, and wish i had spent the holiday there last year (but i needed to see my son, and needed winter clothes, etc.). I also am totally in awe of your writing!!! i hate myself for not doing what you are doing. well, that's a bit strong. what i mean is that you are doing what i so wish i had done!!!!!!

December 29, 2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

All right, Barbara, now exactly what am I doing that you wish you had done here? After all, you did get your student from the bank to teach you all those Czech obscenities that I am trying to learn and remember when I encounter them in films.

December 30, 2005 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home