Monday, January 16, 2006

Mistr Brno 2005, for starters


While I don't live in Brno, I don't feel that I should be completely ignorant of what is... um... happening there (as Jesse so delicately puts it). Nor should my readers; we wouldn't want to be too Pragocentric.
Therefore, let me point everyone to Večerní Brno's valuable coverage of the Mistr Brno 2005 contest, which took place December 23 at a local club. Contestants had to show their merits in three "disciplines."
Judging by the photos, cross-dressing was a popular free-choice discipline (see right). "Promenading" in underwear (promenáda ve spodním prádle) was, not surprisingly, a significant part of the contest.
The first-place winner (he in the hat and black lingerie) won the title of Tělo roku 2005 back in August.
Today's headline news in Večerní Brno, incidentally, is that Indians are a normal thing in Brno. Judging by the accompanying photo, below, I wouldn't be too sure about that. They look pretty abnormal to me. When did you last see a Native American with dreadlocks? Then again, if they are in Brno, it would be normal for them to stand near a brewery ad, as they are doing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hubert said...

Great notice.. where did you find this stuff? I wonder if goes along with trends seen in recent Czech pop television, like talk shows, reality shows, and game shows. Incidentally, when I get my blog going, I would like to ramble on the CT2 quiz show "AZ Kriz."

January 16, 2006 3:54 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I get all my Czech weird news via our operative in Brno, who carefully sifts through it all between adventures relighting the furnace. Surely you don't think I know how to find it on my own? I am too lazy and (pretending to be) too preoccupied with odd lawsuits from 1936.

We are anxiously awaiting your news about Czech TV. Will you also be discussing Blesk and Šip?

January 16, 2006 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home