Sunday, March 05, 2006

George Does Too Lick


With an email entitled "George!" (the exclamation point caused me to worry that His Majesty had been plucked from my parents' loving arms and carried away by an eagle or something), my mother has corrected me on the current state of George's affections:
"... I must inform you that George does indeed show his affection by licking! I receive licks frequently, especially when I have picked him up during one of his seizures and petted, soothed, and cuddled him. So far we have not reached such intimacy with Spots, although she does make sure that she gets in the act when Dad gets down on the floor to brush George. She has decided that brushing is indeed a most pleasurable thing, something which she resisted until about a month ago."

I'd say this shows that while George has always liked me, he adores my mother. He certainly has every reason to.
Calypso Spots, on the other hand, evidently still regards me as her ultimate human and is not ready to add anyone else to the list. She has had an intense attachment to both George and me pretty much from her first encounters with us. She loves to be told the story of how I found her at the humane society and knew right away that she was a nice rabbit. This tale always brings on a frenzy of hand-licking, followed by a moment of embarrassed confusion that resolves itself in her turning around and diligently grooming herself. We can only hope that she manages to enjoy her visit to California without giving up on her special human.

Filed under:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

"Oooooo that spinning wheel!" says the easily distracted fiber freak...

March 05, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

There was a time when some members of the family had notions of putting it to actual use. We never quite got farther than looking at how other people use theirs. My recollection is that it works just fine although it needs a part (I think a merely decorative one).

Ms. Spots seemed quite fond of it during the summer but I only observed one test nibble.

March 05, 2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home