Friday, June 30, 2006

Back Again, Sort Of

I have returned safely from a weekend at the Stražnice folk festival (photos to follow when feasible) and a conference in České Budějovice (much rain, no photos), but as the hard drive on the laptop began to make alarming noises at the conference, it appears I will be spending a good while making sure my backups are pretty good before I attempt to replace the drive with its predecessor (this is to say, putting in 30GB where I have become accustomed to 100GB). Fortunately I was able to find a set of small screwdrivers this afternoon.
But, while most of my programs are actually already on the small hard drive, many of them are not very up to date and I will have to reinstall my internet connection.
I suspect this means I will not be much prone to public self-expression in the immediate future. Of course, there are also major Czech holidays coming right up.
In other matters, I am unsure whether I was less happy with the intense heat of the past few weeks, or the chilly rain that has followed.

1 Comments:

Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

What Czech holidays are coming up? Sorry about the rain. North east US is also getting quite drenched and several floods have been causing trouble in Delaware and New Jersey. Sorry about your hard drive. Pesky computer gremlins, they keep us busy don't they.

July 01, 2006 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home