Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Other Kutná Hora Window Displays

During the (first) Kutná Hora visit, we took plenty of photos of local window displays. It's true that some of these displays are similar to what one finds in Prague, but it is psychologically easier to photograph weird stuff away from home.

No, I don't know what Antistax is either, but apparently it makes women fly into the air, reminiscent of scenes of the Assumption of the Virgin.

It's important to find the right Czech glass to take home as a gift or souvenir.

Gingerbread is very popular in the Czech Republic.

Hideous underpants are available here, just like at home.

Every dope-smoker will want his or her own Rastafarian ashtray set. (Um, yeah, the guy on the right really is licking the paper with a tongue worthy of... what animal is it? I have a vague notion I'm thinking of frogs catching flies.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I'm thinking anteater tongue...

We have antistax here. It is advertised as some magic potion that will keep your legs from swelling and getting tired so you can stomp around Moscow in your 4-inch heels all day and be sexy from dawn til dusk and beyond. The TV commercials are hilarious.

July 06, 2006 12:09 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Oh yeah, just what I want, traipsing around in four inch heels! I do like to wear heels from time to time, but only when I know my car or someone else's car is going to be quite close for a quick getaway back into my flip-flops and other flats!

July 06, 2006 6:30 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't look closely at the text, but there is something about legs there.

Anteater, yes.

July 06, 2006 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am absolutely certain that the only time I could wear 4 inch heels would be if I were being transported around on a dolly as if in a movie, thereby doing no actual walking!
Until then, it's big clunky shoes (sigh)

July 06, 2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I have enough trouble with one-inch.

July 06, 2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

The culture of high heels here is startling. I guess that's something I've never done a blog entry on. Anyway, women put on high heels to go walk the dog. I'm not kidding. What really kills me is to see women out at a park trying to walk across grass in their spikes!

July 06, 2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Kristen, you should definitely do a blog entry on the Russian spikes. The Czechs are also fond of them, but not at all to the same extent. In fact, I'd guess that at least half of the spike-heeled women on any Prague tram are of Russian origin. Czechs go in more for flipflops and for sandals worn with ankle socks. I should do a post on the latter phenomenon. I wonder if I could surreptitiously get any photos of this fashion oddity.

July 12, 2006 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home