Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Calypso Spots Takes the Floor

Calypso Spots, like most rabbits, is very intimate with the floor. She has quite a few favorite places to nap or keep an eye on the humans. When she is particularly relaxed, she puts her chin on the floor and stretches out her hind legs.

When I first had my parents rabbit-sitting for me, they informed me that while they were happy to pet Ms. Spots, she was going to have to learn to sit on laps because they were too old to lie down on the floor all the time like I do. While I hear that Ms. Spots has become more amenable to being picked up and petted, I see that she has nonetheless trained them to get down on the floor. I think it is safe to say that this helps them stay flexible in a whole different way than gardening and reorganizing the garage do. Of course, if they would let her into the bedroom, I'm sure she would be happy to get on the bed with them just as she likes to do with me in her role as Spotted Alarm Clock. There is nothing quite like having a 7-pound rabbit fly into the air and land on your midsection early in the morning.


My father and I had been looking forward to taking Ms. Spots to visit Willow, but the House Rabbit Society staff thought he seemed too depressed to deal with such a potentially stressful event. In the meantime, Cesar offered me the use of his apartment while he's in Guatemala, which would be an ideal neutral location for rabbit-bonding, so I may try to get the Spotted Wonder in touch with Willow again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I love the pics! A bunnycizer!

August 18, 2006 4:50 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

And then there's the Flopsy Bunny pose...

August 18, 2006 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home