Thursday, October 05, 2006

Down the Steps and Under the Lemons

I have been meaning to post some of the numerous photos of Orion and Ms. Spots, but of course this means choosing amongst them.
In the meantime, my mother has sent word that Orion has gotten over his hesitation about going down the back steps and now spends considerable amounts of time under the lemon tree in the back yard.
I feel rather deprived at not getting to watch his general domestication and relationship with Ms. Spots. Orion was a stray before being taken to a shelter and ending up at the House Rabbit Society, and while he is not afraid of humans or especially unaccustomed to them, he doesn't fully trust the two-legged species. He seems to regard us as creatures that can provide pleasant experiences, like treats and petting, but who are unpredictable.
He does like to be petted, however. Even before I left California, that was clear, as was the fact that he had taken a liking to my father and wanted more attention from him. I gather that he has now learned to gaze at my mother until she feels compelled to go pet him. This seems like a generally positive development. He's a very likable rabbit, and, of course, anyone who loves Calypso Spots must be an excellent creature!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as I said earlier, lemon trees sound nice! Must've been something about the air yesterday and Hubert also mentioned Lemon Tree in his karaoke post!

October 06, 2006 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home