Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween in Black and White, 2006

Ever since bringing Orion home from the House Rabbit Society, I have been meaning to post some of the numerous photos of him.
And, since last Halloween I presented photos of George and Ms. Spots in their favorite costumes, it seems a reasonable time to show Orion in his own favorite costume, an elegant spotted coat.
The photos were not, however, taken today, but back in August. One of Orion's first tricks upon arriving in my parents' house (other than biting through a plastic water tube, which was his most dramatic exploit) was to leap onto the couch and explore it fully. I was somewhat nervous that he would proceed onto my mother's desk, but he perceived my anxiety and refrained.
Around the same time, I was able to photograph Orion and Ms. Spots enjoying some treats. I imagine that tonight they may be making off with some chocolates, as while we do not encourage them to eat that kind of thing, the smell of chocolate often prompts theft of the desired object.

A few notes: 1) neither rabbit has red eyes; 2) although they wear matching coats, they are not the same breed (Orion is an English Spot and Calypso Spots is allegedly a French Lop but doubtless some smaller variety of Lop); 3) although without George, there is no real need to have a toweled enclosure, the old George domain works well as a special rabbit area where, while rabbits and humans can both go in and out, hay and other things tend to stay in.
Speaking of rabbits, the House Rabbit Society is always in need of financial, in-kind, and volunteer support. You can find ways to show your support on their home page.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

Orion is quite the dapper fellow, especially when he sits up and looks alert. Ms. Spots is more the luxuriant sybarite.

Some rabbits just don't like being moved. I am afraid Penelope never entirely forgave me for taking her across country and sequestering her in a bathroom while waiting for the movers. But I'm sure your rabbits are more easy-going than she was.

November 03, 2006 7:40 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Note to spammers: your comments die without being seen by anyone but me, and half of them are utterly ridiculous and senseless, so don't waste your time here. But I'm guessing most of you don't even speak English, judging by the nature of the said comments.

February 14, 2014 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Kelinci said...

Nice your bunny holland lop broken black.
Kelinci

October 29, 2015 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home