Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Minor vs Major Stuff

Blogger has just forced me to switch over to its new version. I find this very annoying. While it is to be hoped that the so-called Beta is actually better, my experience of it on other people's blogs is that it is not at all. There are extra steps to leave comments and the "blog this" button seems to have fallen by the wayside, making it harder to link to someone's post. Furthermore, my login now has to match my Google ID, which has to be my email address, which means twice as much typing. Very irksome.
Of course, the fact that I keep waking up at 4am is also irksome, even though I refuse to get up before 5:00 at the earliest. How am I supposed to get through a full day of anything if I'm ready for a nap by 7am? and to fall asleep by midafternoon?
These irritations are as nothing, however, to what people with actual problems have to endure. To put this in perspective (and from a not entirely gloomy standpoint), one of the Janets in my life recently had knee surgery. She has had quite a few of these in the past thirty-five or so years. This one, we hope, will be different in that she's getting a brand new knee that's supposed to eliminate all or most of the pain. Well, that is, once she recovers from the operation.
Those who know Janet or are interested in the process of dealing with this kind of surgery can read all about it on her knee surgery blog. For comic relief she did insert a photo of her two cats early on. Neither of them will be having knee surgery, but Henry is quite the giganto cat.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Actually, you should only have to go through extra steps to leave comments if someone hasn't switched over to the new version yet. I'll confess that has kept me from leaving comment on some blogs that are lagging behind in that. One good thing is that if you are logged in, all the blogger-based blogs recognize you and you don't have to enter your ID every time you want to leave a comment on a different blogger blog.

January 31, 2007 12:32 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

That's not been my experience. I have to do extra steps on all the new-version blogs, including my own. And being logged in has always (to my knowledge) had this effect, except that once in awhile a new-version blog would demand I signed in using the stupid lengthy Google ID instead of my Blogger ID.

February 01, 2007 8:41 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Huh. Dunno then what the issue is...

February 02, 2007 2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home