Tuesday, December 04, 2007

You'll Rest When You're Dead

The above, I've been told, was a favorite comment of one of my long-dead relatives. Whether it is in fact true, I couldn't say, but I think it is safe to say that there is not much rest in store for the average grad student in the final throes of dissertation.
Last week there were job application drafts and the College Art Association paper to turn in. (The CAA conference is not until February, but I admit that at least this deadline gets the paper out of my way.) This week there's getting the job applications out the door (we hope) and coming up with a proposal for the upcoming Czech Workshop.
After that, assuming that all the job applications have been sent off, there are three more postdoc applications.
No wonder Ms. Spots and Orion have both been particularly pettable of late... (Ms. Spots has been licking my hand vigorously.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home