Sunday, September 21, 2008

Test Your Color Skills!

You can test your ability to discern slight color gradations here. There's no time limit, you just drag and drop the blocks in each row until you think they're in the correct order.
I guess some people take a long time worrying over this. It probably does improve your score to obsess a little about it before clicking on "score test," but I confess I put my set together pretty quickly and soon got tired of wondering whether there were any slightly misplaced squares. My result:

Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information.

* Your score: 11
* Gender: Female
* Age range: 40-49
* Best score for your gender and age range: 0
* Highest score for your gender and age range: 1421

So even rushing through it in poor lighting conditions, I didn't do too badly. Maybe you'll do better and get a 0.
My errors were all in the blue and green range, which either suggests I don't handle those colors as well or that I was lazier correcting those sections. I guess I should take it again and see if the results are similar...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

You are much better than I. I bombed in both the greens and the peaches. I got a 29. Though I do wonder about monitor calibration and the accuracy of this test...

September 22, 2008 4:58 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Quite a few people at the site where I ran into this wondered about their monitor calibration. I wasn't expecting brilliant results on my laptop with artificial light. But I think the test is probably accurate in itself.

September 22, 2008 5:52 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

The greens and the blues are the hardest for sure, I'm sure it is something about their placement on the light spectrum that makes their differences less obvious. Fun test! I got a 15, so Karla you are the color queen here!

September 22, 2008 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a 35, better than middle (44-45) but not great. I had most trouble with the greens and turquoises. But I must say i thought I'd get a better score than I did.

This makes me wonder at how each of us perceives colour-it must be so much more complex than just some people having a blindness with red/green and so on.

September 23, 2008 5:30 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I gave it another try, this time in the dreadful fluorescent light of my office. I got 4 (better) but the errors were still in the blue-green range, so clearly that's where my weakness lies.

September 24, 2008 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home