Saturday, December 06, 2008

Portraits and Odd Awards


Dr. Zaius, who discusses his portrait choices further here, has also seen fit to give me the somewhat mysterious Marie Antoinette Award. I have no idea what this award was originally intended to connote, but Dr. Zaius claims it is just another award one gives to blogs one likes. I'm a bit suspicious of this--Marie Antoinette?! This is a woman who was beheaded for her frivolity and general bad PR, after all.
I guess I could pass it on to a select few people who might be able to think up political or other useful rationales, like Geoff, Mildly Annoyed Rabbit, and Bikerbar. I mean, you can't exactly give a Marie Antoinette Award to just any blog you like, can you?
Marie Antoinette did commission some fine portraits of herself, however.

Elisabeth Vigée-Lebrun, Marie Antoinette and Her Children, 1787

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Utah Savage said...

I was the one to pass it to Ziaus I believe. You did a very fine job of putting her in perspective. If only I could do the photoshoping, I would make and pass around the Madame Defarge award, as it suits me better.

December 07, 2008 9:16 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Madame Defarge would be just ducky. Especially as I knit now and then.

December 08, 2008 1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read this...I'm a bit behind in my readings. What is this blog award business? I'm intrigued.

February 14, 2009 6:36 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

I still haven't found out anything more about the mysterious Marie Antoinette award. Use it as you see fit.

February 14, 2009 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home