Tuesday, November 18, 2008

And on to Philadelphia...

where the year's AAASS conference is taking place. Kristen and I are headed out first thing in the morning (that is to say, around 10:00) and will be feeding upon bagels on our way.
While on the whole I suppose I have things in a relatively manageable condition--rabbits corralled, a new supply of antibiotic purchased, rabbit-sitter ready to medicate twice a day--and I have mailed off something very non-dissertation-like written over the summer--and none of my students have had mental breakdowns yet although one is about to have child #4 at any moment--etc etc--I feel that all I really want to do at the moment is go into a deep sleep during which Orion will be medicated into complete health, all of my job applications will be written and mailed, next semester's courses will be made perfect and put up on Courseweb, and publishers will be begging me to favor them with my work. All those little sorts of things.
I believe I will go and contemplate my suitcase.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Hee hee! You said "AAASS"!

November 21, 2008 5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are mental breakdowns common among students?

I suppose...all that stress.

November 21, 2008 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great dream.

November 23, 2008 5:33 AM  
Blogger Diane Dehler said...

Every student deserves some acclaim without getting mental for it. Well, maybe mental helps. :)

November 23, 2008 8:58 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

We're all mental. And some of us go to conferences of organizations with strange acronyms, too.

November 26, 2008 5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home