Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Portraits--Brief Thoughts

More thoughts on who to have do one's portrait.
Cathy, whom I have known since junior high, suggests:
"I'd say Dali. Melting clocks, autistic outlook, has a museum in Miami where it's always sunny. My kind of guy."

Salvador DalĂ­, Mae West

Frank, who once co-chaired NWU Local 3 with me, says:
"I've always thought that the men in Bruegel's paintings looked like me, but I don't think he did portraits. (I'm reading Michael Frayn's novel, Headlong, and I think he mentions that.) But anyway, someone Flemish. Rembrandt?
I wouldn't want to be painted by Francis Bacon just because, jeez, think of what I'd have to be doing ... "

Pieter Brueghel the Elder, Peasant Wedding, 1568

We still have some responses in line to post...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home