Do Introduce Yourself
I realize that for the most part you are a reticent group, at least online, and that some of you have not really figured out how to make the comment function work. But let loose for a moment (you don't have to identify yourselves fully, after all--see below for instructions).
Some suggestions for things that might be fun for me and other readers to know:
1) Are you a regular reader or just happened upon the blog today?
2) How did you find this blog--accidentally, by searching for something, by following a link from another blog, or because you know me personally?
3) What sorts of things do you like about this blog? Are there topics you'd like to see more about?
4) What's your line of work or study? What state or country do you live in at the moment? Where would you live or travel if you had unlimited options? What are some of your interests (if I know you personally, remember that other readers probably don't)? This could be anything--a favorite book, volunteer activity, etc.
5) Do you have a blog or other website that readers of this blog might enjoy, and if so, what's the URL? (Even if I already link to your site, it would be nice to include it again here.)
Of course, you don't have to do any of the above. You can always just say hi and type whatever comes to mind. (Or ignore the whole project.)
For those who haven't written blog comments before, note the small print at the bottom of the post that says "0 comments" or "5 comments" or whatever it might be at the moment. Click on this. You can now read other people's comments and add your own. To save yours, you do NOT need to join Blogger; choose Other. Then type in the Word Verification section, which proves you are a sentient being rather than a spam-robot. Finally, click Login and Publish.