Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Do Introduce Yourself

In the near future I do plan to post a gorgeously illustrated account of the Brno folk ball, using everyone else's photos, but in the meantime it has occurred to me that it might be fun to ask my readers to introduce themselves.
I realize that for the most part you are a reticent group, at least online, and that some of you have not really figured out how to make the comment function work. But let loose for a moment (you don't have to identify yourselves fully, after all--see below for instructions).
Some suggestions for things that might be fun for me and other readers to know:
1) Are you a regular reader or just happened upon the blog today?
2) How did you find this blog--accidentally, by searching for something, by following a link from another blog, or because you know me personally?
3) What sorts of things do you like about this blog? Are there topics you'd like to see more about?
4) What's your line of work or study? What state or country do you live in at the moment? Where would you live or travel if you had unlimited options? What are some of your interests (if I know you personally, remember that other readers probably don't)? This could be anything--a favorite book, volunteer activity, etc.
5) Do you have a blog or other website that readers of this blog might enjoy, and if so, what's the URL? (Even if I already link to your site, it would be nice to include it again here.)
Of course, you don't have to do any of the above. You can always just say hi and type whatever comes to mind. (Or ignore the whole project.)
For those who haven't written blog comments before, note the small print at the bottom of the post that says "0 comments" or "5 comments" or whatever it might be at the moment. Click on this. You can now read other people's comments and add your own. To save yours, you do NOT need to join Blogger; choose Other. Then type in the Word Verification section, which proves you are a sentient being rather than a spam-robot. Finally, click Login and Publish.
Cheers!

6 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

1 I'm a regular reader who 2 found this blog when I noticed you had found mine and written it up (many thanks!). 3 I enjoy reading your perspectives on the CR, and what life is like as a researcher here because 4 in my former life I was an academic and my husband still is. Now I live in Prague and have my own software development company. Besides selling software to whomever crosses my path, I do consultanting work and the occasional graphic design, and I also like to write, which is what I do over at 5 kolokolo.blogspot.com.

February 14, 2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

All right, Julia has kicked things off! Let me just add that her blog is really a delight to read and one of the few I read somewhat regularly.

Next brave soul? (I know how many people read this blog each day, and it's a respectable number.)

February 15, 2006 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I probably found your weblog while searching for a word in blogspot , and that word was probably Prague or something else. You know I’m mad about the city Prague and believing me or not I feel like if everybody should have a dream, mine is to get there one day.
…well, and then I probably found something interesting and added the url to my favorites and after then, I come time to time to check what is new, for example now I’m writing to you after reading the last seven or eight posts which were new to me.
I just don’t know anything about you except the thing I might accidentally have read in your posts which I might even not remember well. But anyway, I enjoy it, reading you. And about your weblog, there is something simple and friendly about it that really attracts me.
You know, for instance just your last post and what I’m doing know!!! :D well , It’s fine.
And about me; I’m 18 from Iran, Tehran. As a matter of fact I study English Literature although I know my English surely isn’t good enough!
And as I said before I deadly love Prague and if you ask me why, I won’t have anything to tell. I mean there are so many things which make that great image for me like the fact that one of my favorite novels come from Prague, you might know what I’m talking about; Svejk!

February 15, 2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Welcome, and thanks for such interesting and informative comments! I hope you will be able to visit Prague someday. (I'm sure you write much better English than I write Czech, by the way.) Maybe you will make some more readers bold. On the other hand, I know some of them are determined just to read and not write.

I'm also very fond of Švejk, and of the Josef Lada illustrations.

February 15, 2006 8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cau

I've spent over an hour with your blog tonight so I thought I'd say hello.

I'm an American in Prague too .. a painter and English teacher. hohum

My blog can be found here:
http://bikerbar.livejournal.com/

I surfed into your corner of the web looking for English language material on Bohuslav Brouk. Needless to say nothing exists. He looks fascinating - maybe you can point me in the direction of something

wells@volny.cz

March 20, 2006 11:36 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I'll have to check out your blog. Unfortunately I don't know of anything much in English about Brouk either. This is despite the fact that he spent years in Australia and Britain.

March 21, 2006 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home