Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Be Willing to Look Foolish

While Taurus is not my astrological sign, I see that Rob Brezsny's advice for this week for that sign applies daily to me and to everyone else learning a language:
TAURUS (April 20-May 20): "Nothing would be done at all," said Cardinal Newman, "if a man waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault with it." Let's forgive his sexist language and concentrate on the truth he articulates, which is profoundly apt for you right now. It's important that you try to do what you can't do very well--that you not use your lack of mastery as an excuse to avoid practicing an immature skill. Be willing to look foolish as you improve, and paradoxically you will often appear brave and inspired.

I also like my own horoscope this week, which may be applicable to some of you as well:
LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): I just received a check in the mail for seven ents. It was from the Screen Actors Guild, a residual payment for my tiny role in the Robin Williams' movie *Being Human,* in which I played a TV psychic who gives readings for pets. Though the 1994 film was a critical and box office failure, it has continued to earn modest revenue through video sales in Third World countries. I decided not to cash my miniscule check, but rather frame it and put it up on my wall as a conversation piece. I predict a similar event will soon occur in your life, Leo: You'll receive a "reward" whose value will consist almost entirely of its power to generate joke and story material. That's not something to be sneezed at.

Filed under:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home