Thursday, May 04, 2006

Rollerblading, Day 2

While yesterday’s falls did not result in any abrasions or appreciable pain, I did acquire an impressive bruise and can feel various unexpected muscles. This in no way prevented me from going out again on the skates today.
Like, I suppose, most exercise, there seems to be a period of warm-up during which one wonders what one imagined was so fun about skating. Once that wears off, the fun starts. I still have no clue how to get down the two or three mild inclines along the path (other than walking sideways or falling down them), but nonetheless I skated past Braník down to the Modřany station, at which point I concluded that it might be smart to turn around (I could always go north if I was still energetic by the time I got back). This made for a good hour-plus on the skates, which seems reasonable for the second day. After all, I will be visiting friends outside Prague over the weekend and would like to be able to walk properly, without showing any sign of unusual fatigue or personal damage.

Filed under:

2 Comments:

Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Almost sounds like you're ready for the olympics! Hope you do not injure yourself too seriously. I know a lot of folks who have when returning to skating after a long hiatus. Glad to hear you wear protective gear.

May 08, 2006 2:51 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Olympics? You must be joking. Skating around the paths and parks in Prague is about my speed. (And the bruise is almost all gone now!)

May 08, 2006 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home