Friday, June 09, 2006

Some Congratulations

While I can't say that any of these things will definitely materialize as planned, let's just say that:
1) Dawn expects to be teaching German language in Canada for the next year
2) Megan is firming up the details of an Americorps position with Habitat for Humanity in the San Francisco Bay Area
3) Alex anticipates moving to Zlin in the fall to work with and study at the film school there
4) Hubert got an extension on his Fulbright and thinks he will be going to a lot of music festivals, then coming back to Prague
5) Jesse has received word of funding that will allow additional research in Brno.
As for me, I too have been granted another year of funding and have heard that I can use it in Prague.
As for what's going on with some of my other comrades, Kelly is getting ready to go back to the US, where he plans to visit family and take his son on a cross-country trip before the school year starts. (Kelly's explanation of his desire to empty a midwestern storage-unit promptly caused me to have a mild nightmare about storage units. I hadn't thought I was so anxious on this score.) And I guess Nathan will return to his patient spouse sometime during the summer. In the meantime, he is learning more vulgar language from the employees at the local pub.

Filed under:

4 Comments:

Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Congratulation Karla for the extra year of funding! I am so excited for you. What are some of those bad words that one can learn in a bar?

How are people acting in regard to the upcoming World Cup game against the US?

June 10, 2006 5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Karla! :-) And, to all my fellow Fulbrighters who have found exciting and new ways to either continue their stay here --I'm so jealous, btw! -- or do something new back home, congratulations!!! You guys are all awesome and I am going to miss your company and the fun we've had here in Prague! But I'm still here for the moment. Expect to get a party invitation sometime before I leave for one last hurrah if I can get my act together enough to have a party!

June 11, 2006 12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! I was trying to be Dawn, not Anonymous. Somehow the computer decided I should be anonymous, though. But it's just me, Dawn.

June 11, 2006 12:19 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Congratulations accepted!

While I recognize all of Nathan's bad language, I don't know how to spell most of it. It is suitable, however, to call one's familiars ox and cow. My question is just whom one can do this to, as it does not seem standard among anyone I know, just teenagers overheard on the tram. The more times one can insert "Tý vole!" into one's remarks, the better. "Ty krávo!" is less omnipresent.

More dinners and parties to come in the next few weeks, I am sure...

June 11, 2006 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home