Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rabbit Reads: Why I hate Thanksgiving

Rabbit Girl opines on Thanksgiving (Canadian and US) at Rabbit Reads: Why I hate Thanksgiving. I must admit that for me, Thanksgiving is one of those holidays I enjoy but don't often celebrate. This year Štěpanka suggested that Jesse and I come out for an end-of-October Thanksgiving. We were hoping it would be somewhere close to Canada's holiday, but I guess it will be midway between the Canadian and US versions. It will give us a new opportunity to experiment with Štěpanka's oven. Perhaps this time the pie dough will not resemble some sort of mutant glue; after all, it always turns out fine in my Prague oven, even though we can never remember quite what we did the last time around.
In the meantime, it's back to those grant applications...

Filed under:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Grant applications! GRRRRRRRR!!!! Right there with you, babe!

October 10, 2006 10:39 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I haven't actually read Unbearable Lightness of Being yet, although in the distant past I did read quite a few of Kundera's novels. It is my ambition to reacquaint myself with his work one of these days, as it is embarrassing not to be able to remember just what happens in each book.

October 12, 2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Once I get around to it, I'll probably write something about the book. But first it must be read.

October 15, 2006 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home