Monday, November 06, 2006

Election Time--the Diebold Variations

It's election time back in the United States. Some of my readers, I'm sorry to say, will be expected to vote using devices that leave no paper trail. Sounds like time to register for a permanent absentee ballot.

image (c)2004-06 Rand Careaga/salamander.eps

I ran across this and a host of other fine satirical ads for Diebold, makers of those paperless voting machines, thanks to a link at Apophenia, where Danah Boyd tells of her efforts to vote after moving and incidentally gives her views on California ballot measures. Enjoy the ads and go vote.

2 Comments:

Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Hey Carla, sorry I have not blogged for so long. I love your Diebold ad. So appropriate!

November 07, 2006 4:20 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

And this is just one of many! Hope you're settling in with the new house and job.

November 07, 2006 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home