Sunday, July 22, 2007

Summer Fashion?

Since it is summertime, I suppose it is as good of a time as any to display these photos of mannequins attired in what one Brno department store apparently envisioned as the latest fashions around this time last year.
They didn't strike me as anything I would wear then either. Or is it just that sepulchre-white mannequins aren't the smartest choice for displaying summer clothes?
In any case, on the rare occasions that I bought clothes in the Czech Republic, I'd say that Sanu Babu (Asian imports) had the most appealing cheap gear (much of which, to be sure, did not seem designed to fit live humans) and Nostalgie had the most elegant yet relatively affordable designs. But where did Nostalgie move to last December? Neither I nor, apparently, any of its other customers, wrote down the new address while it was still posted on the door. It seems to have disappeared, we know not where.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

I looked up Nostalgie in the business registry and they still seem to be around. This is their official address: Praha 1, Vítězná 420/18, PSČ 11000. If they aren't physically there, they definitely receive letters (and bills) there.

July 23, 2007 2:50 PM  
Blogger morskyjezek said...

The mannequins were certainly part of the problem. I remember of them as often partly broken and, had they been in the U.S., they would have been more fit for the window of a St. Vincent de Paul store.

That store window was in the Communist-era shopping center that would have been a building in the shape of a boot if one of the designs for the Bata headquarters had won. Did you post a picture of that concept design earlier? Or is it in my book of Czech architecture in German Brno?

July 24, 2007 2:43 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Perhaps now all the people seeking Nostalgie (who find only my mention of buying clothes there) will be able to go to their new address. I had no idea there was a business registry, although of course this should be no surprise.

I didn't post the design for the boot-shaped building, although it sounds very familiar. It must be in your Brno architecture book. Hmm, all those architecture books I sort of meant to get at the last minute and didn't... and the more extensive dictionary...

July 24, 2007 4:23 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

The Czech Republic's online business register is a super research tool! www.justice.cz for more. Those mannequins remind me of the guys in the Tesco window here in Prague. Is the art of window dressing that tricky I ask?

July 24, 2007 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home