Saturday, March 15, 2008

Štyrský in a Return Engagement


The astonishing number of visitors to this blog in recent months who seek pictures by Jindřich Štyrský has not escaped my notice. I'm curious why this is (it didn't begin during the Štyrský exhibition in Prague), but just on general principles, it seems like time to put up another Štyrský work for everyone's viewing pleasure.
(And I see that the scan is a bit askew. Um, it dates back to when I was first scanning and hadn't learned to rotate in Photoshop. I regret to say that some of the people who gave papers at CAA this year apparently haven't learned to straighten their scans either. I attended at least one talk where everything looked about like this. I hope no one takes one skewed image on a whole blog as a sign of unprofessional laxness and ineptitude...)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Geez--next thing you know we'll be seeing your fingertips in those images! ;)

March 17, 2008 3:09 AM  
Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

OK, I'll bite - Where is the rest of her?

March 21, 2008 11:35 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

That's what we'd all like to know. I should have paired this with his picture of a severed finger (not a photo).

March 22, 2008 1:35 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Oh, and speaking of fingers, I have quite a few photos with fingers in them. Holding down book pages.

March 22, 2008 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home