Saturday, April 12, 2008

Pre-Concert Life



For obvious reasons, I have no concert photos, but several of us got good documentation of the backstage life of the Pittsburgh gamelan, which ranged from the studious to the exuberant. Yuko, our TA, was on the more studious end of the scale.

Ben, another musicology grad student, believes firmly in photographic documentation. I believe that at this moment he was documenting Rob.



Rob was so impressed by our guest artists' makeup skills that he got himself done in David Bowie style.

Lydia was not so pleased with Rob's new look.

Jordan, however, thought the new Rob was an improvement.

Our guest artists soon went back to their own preparations.

Margot doesn't usually wear makeup, but as a featured vocalist she agreed to deck herself out.

Of course, many of the performers take a calm and low-key approach to the whole thing, as does Ben from CMU and also Sachem and Margarita.



Kim has done gamelan for years, so he had no fears of forgetting his part.

The performance itself was a wild success and we persuaded many audience members to join us in dancing in front of the stage toward the end of the show.
Don't forget, we perform again tonight!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I hate to tell you this, but your photos are all screwy--overlapping, etc. Looks like a good time from what I could see! (And one of the boys looks really familiar...)

April 12, 2008 9:20 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I've found that Firefox doesn't seem to display the photos correctly. I don't know what Safari does since I assume that's what you're using. But I didn't do anything different from what I've done in the past in terms of left, right, and center placement...

April 12, 2008 11:08 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Hmmm, I wonder what it is that makes your photos often appear wonky when that doesn't happen with other Blogger blogs I read. It is usually only the case when you post a lot of photos. I don't have IE anymore, so I can't use that to check what it would look like in there. It looks the same in both Safari and Firefox. (I usually use Safari.) Mysteries!

April 14, 2008 3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home