Monday, September 22, 2008

And Sometimes Everything Is Awful

I'm not sure what to say. I've just learned that the wife of a new colleague over in the History department was run over by a schoolbus on Saturday after dropping off her daughter at daycare.
I had only met Eva once, at the new faculty reception, but I had enjoyed talking with her and was looking forward to getting to know her better. Her husband Arpad works on recent Hungarian cultural history and they had both just moved here from Germany.
To make it all worse, the bus was full of kids. I'm not sure how the bus driver missed seeing Eva in the crosswalk, but I can't remember just what that intersection is like.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Ye gods. Very sorry.

September 22, 2008 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sad. Sometimes life deals some cruel blows.

September 23, 2008 5:17 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

It is terrible. So sorry to hear.

September 24, 2008 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home