Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's Necessary to Go Dancing

The Modern exams did improve after I got out of the definitions sections, I am glad to say. This is mildly baffling but a relief.
One cannot, however, be academic more than about ten hours a day. (I think I managed about eight today, with letup only to take the bus to school around 1:00. I did discover that if you hit upon the right terms, Library of Congress not surprisingly has lots of late-nineteenth-century imagery of conflict with Native Americans.) It is important to go dancing. And indeed, as one of my colleagues said in describing last week's Lindy Hop adventures, it might wipe you out for the whole weekend but all the same it puts you in a good mood for several days.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I have noticed that searching the LOC does sometimes require a few rounds of different combinations before you hit on what you know is there.

Enjoy your dancing!

October 24, 2008 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home