Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Now It's Online

There's nothing like saying something hasn't happened to ensure that it will. Or so it sometimes seems. I was expecting it to take three or four months for my dissertation to go online at school, but it went up today. So, for those who really want to read about Toyen, Czech surrealism, and related topics, it's available for download. And now I really need to get back to work on writing the book proposal. Or at least thinking about how to grade the papers my seminar students just turned in discussing what Miloš Jiránek (1900) and Bohumil Kubišta (1911) had to say about Czech nationalism in art. Because the next set of papers to grade are on Romantic landscape in relation to the ideas of Burke, Hazlitt, and various German critics.
Meanwhile, the car refuses to start and the phone refuses to acknowledge that there really is a dial-tone coming in. That's just great. Fortunately I've been able to borrow an alarmingly high-tech phone so that if anyone tries to reach me to schedule a job interview, I might actually get the message. (It's all mystifying because no rabbits have chewed any cords and the internet still functions. So it must be the phone itself.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! Now we know your middle name ...

I have downloaded it and read the abstract. I can't say that I know all of the details yet, but I like the gist of it. Of course I have known the gist of it for a couple of years. But anyway, congratulations!

Travis

January 29, 2009 4:50 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

The secret is out. Such as it was.

Well, I'm looking forward to reading your dissertation too! Which I imagine will be possible in the fairly near future.

February 03, 2009 3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home