Saturday, December 10, 2005

What Kind of Dog Are You?

Now you'll really conclude I am not spending enough time on my dissertation. But this is fun: go to Gone to the Dogs and click on Game (at the side of the page) and it will give you a questionnaire that will then decide what kind of dog you would be.
It is utterly silly, especially since all the questions about size caused me to end up as a Miniature Dachshund. I'd say that if there is one animal I am not likely to be, it is a Dachshund (known to some of us, who have lived next door to more than our share, as Duds). On the other hand, it would have been more embarrassing to end up as a Toy Poodle.
I'm not sure what sort of dog I most resemble, to be sure. Probably some sort of mutt. Then again, maybe a Corgi? They have short legs but are reasonably attractive, although I know nothing of their personalities.
What sort of cat? Maybe a Siamese, as they are talkative but only when they feel like it. Or a basic tabby or other shorthair.
On the whole, however, I think I am more like an otter or a hedgehog. Or, of course, like a medium sized rabbit. Ms. Spots and I have a great deal in common. We are lively and inquisitive; we like to dance; we like chocolate and gingerbread and Indian food, not to mention fruits and vegetables; we love George (aka Mr. Handsome and Delightful); and we like to lie around trying to entice our favorite people into petting us.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you might be a Springer Spaniel. I, however, am a Curly Coated Retriever!

Travis

December 11, 2005 11:37 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Egad, Travis, I don't even know what a Curly Coated Retriever looks like. I'm trying to imagine this. Are they of Norwegian descent or frequently seen in Fargo or at the Corn Palace? I am trying to imagine a retriever wearing suspenders and your grandpa's maroon polyester jacket. Perhaps we could channel the spirit of Oscar Howe to do a picture of this. Actually, we could get the whole department to find out what dog we are and Josie could do a show in the gallery about this, using real dog hair (or at least something faked out of Ms. Spots' old fur).

I suppose I could be ok with being a Springer Spaniel.

December 12, 2005 12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should also try the "Dead Russian Composer Personality Test" at http://http://www.doppelgriff.com/russian/. I was Shostakovich.

December 12, 2005 1:14 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

OK, here's who I am. While it was hard to choose between some of the options, I think Borodin is pretty suitable if a little soft-core.

If I were a Dead Russian Composer, I would be Aleksandr Borodin. Son of a 19th Century Russian prince and a...non-royal...mother, I went to medical school and became a biochemist. Most people, however, (and probably my twenty cats as well) agree that they'd trade all of my scientific discoveries for another set of "Polovetsian Dances."

December 12, 2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I am a Portugese Water Dog. Woo-hoo!

December 12, 2005 9:09 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Where do they get these dog breeds? I've never seen a Portuguese Water Dog either. Is it because you swim?

December 12, 2005 10:43 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

It is (supposedly) because I'm big, intelligent and bad with children. I went through a period of interest in dog breeds, so I know breeds fairly well. I was hoping to be a Borzoi, but...

December 13, 2005 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home