Thursday, February 02, 2006

Burning Questions Update

We have answers to two of the day's burning questions.
1) I finished preparing my Fulbright presentation this morning, including the Powerpoint aspect.
2) Dawn's computer proved to have a dead motherboard (horrors!) so she went computer shopping this evening.
The question of where four of us will sleep Saturday night remains unanswered. Dawn did get a confirming email from the third place she had tried (the first two were full), but the email makes no reference to the address or directions. Nor, for that matter, does it actually clarify the name of the hotel or pension. Dawn was under the impression that its name was Hotel Vinarna, but clearly her analytical powers were impaired by the computer disaster, as why would a hotel name itself Wine Restaurant? Megan and I did attempt to search online for this mythical hotel, but turned up nothing. When I searched on the email address, hotelvinarna@tiskali.cz, I found that this is the contact email for several Brno establishments. The mystery deepens. Perhaps we will all have to sleep on Jesse's floor after the folk ball after all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you get my email? -JJ

February 03, 2006 8:00 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

This morning I had a couple of emails from you. If it's Hotel Akord, I saw some photos online yesterday and it looked nice. Nothing in the email to Dawn mentioned Hotel Akord, though.

February 03, 2006 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home