Friday, April 21, 2006

Rabbits Invade Brokeback Mountain

I have to admit that at first I was completely baffled as to why anyone would search for "rabbits" and "Brokeback Mountain" at the same time. What did these people want and why did they want it? Were they finding it here?
It finally dawned on me that there is great interest (worldwide, apparently, Latvia included) in locating the website that shows cartoon rabbits performing a 30-second version of Brokeback Mountain.
As it happens, one of my friends had even sent me the link to this site awhile back, but I hadn't bothered to look at it because, in truth, I tend to feel as though once you've seen one 30-second movie parody performed by cartoon rabbits, you've seen them all. Evidently the rest of the world feels otherwise and is eager for more.
So... for all those who have been so eagerly searching for the rabbit version of Brokeback Mountain, and even for those who have never thought to look for such a thing, here it is. For those who are big fans of the bunny reenactments, angryalien.com is the place to find them.

Filed under:

3 Comments:

Blogger morskyjezek said...

Well, the bunny film certainly gets the outline of the plot. It seemed to be more of a condensed version, though, than a parody (as the short claims).

April 22, 2006 6:03 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I agree it is not especially parodic, unless you assume that condensation and enactment by cartoon bunnies automatically creates parody. I have my doubts about that, although the speed renders it somewhat humorous. But speed makes most things seem humorous. Play any 33rpm record on 78rpm and there you go. (Well, assuming you can find a turntable that will do 78rpm.) The mid-70s band Kiss had a song called "Hotter than Hell" which is especially fine at 78rpm.

April 22, 2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

I had several good laugh at the bunnies. My top favorites were star wars, night of the living dead, and Rocky Horror Picture Show. Thanks for the link. And Jesse you are right, it is not terribly parodic, just very silly and good for a few belly laugh.

April 24, 2006 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home