Friday, May 12, 2006

Folk Dancers on Staromak

Last Friday I happened upon a series of performances on Staroměstské náměstí while on my way to the Czech Caricature exhibition. I didn't take any photos of the jazz band, but it seemed as though costumed folk dancers really shouldn't be resisted. Unfortunately, while in many ways my camera is an excellent one, it delays significantly between one pressing the button and actually taking the picture, which means it is not great for action shots. No matter how I try to anticipate what dancers will do and how long the delay will be, the result is usually not what I had in mind. Ultimately I took to shooting at random. Of course, there was also the issue of the sound equipment impairing the view significantly. But, out of a barrage of photos, here are a few examples. The dances were described as being from Bohemia, Moravia, Slovakia, and Hungary.
The music was provided by a fairly large cimbalom group which, if memory serves me, had four violins, two violas, a bass, and two clarinets in addition to the cimbalom.












Filed under:

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Wow, really nice photos! The backdrop is pretty hard to beat too.

May 12, 2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger morskyjezek said...

Yes, too bad I didn't know about this ahead of time...oh well. Looks like fun.

May 14, 2006 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home