Saturday, December 02, 2006

Florenc

Later in the day, I will be heading for the Florenc bus station, as Jesse and I are going to Budapest tomorrow morning and I'd rather catch the 8:50am bus from Brno than the 6:00am bus from here. (A stop in Brno means I might get to watch Ouško hopping around some more tonight, although he may have decided that going back into the cage is not on his agenda.)
Anyhow, the Florenc station is well known to Prague inhabitants and their visitors, although I don't suppose too many people hang out there for mere amusement. It lacks some of the amenities found at the main train station, after all.



Still, if you go there in the daytime, you can check out the adjoining Vietnamese market and its remarkable wares.




I'm really uncertain who actually buys the towels, animal slippers, and so forth. The clothes and shoes sell briskly to Czech shoppers. And, near the shoes, it appears that someone was so happy with his new purchase that he forgot to take along the old shoes. Either that, or he thought they made a better cup-holder.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gad those ridiculous dolls were EVERYWHERE in Moscow! Twitch, twitch!

December 02, 2006 11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the discarded shoes.

December 04, 2006 8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and what is the cat in the sink advertising?

December 04, 2006 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karla, I have to say. I was coveting the towels myself. Yes I WOULD BUY the towels.

The discarded shoes, the slippers, that market is a treasure trove!

December 05, 2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Love the forgotten boots. Great shot!

December 06, 2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

I'm not sure what the cat in the sink is advertising, but the text refers to "truly comfortable bathing" (to give a very quick translation).

December 07, 2006 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home