Thursday, April 05, 2007

Fabrics from Ghana

After my adventures in Essex, I proceeded to London, where I spent a day at the National Gallery and a day at the British Museum. As the latter allows photography in most rooms, I did (to a mild degree) join the photographic frenzy and got a few pictures here and there.
The first exhibit I saw was one on printed fabrics from Ghana. I'm afraid I did not photograph any of the truly startling commemorative fabrics, but only a couple of the merely decorative. Evidently people in Ghana use fabrics printed with information about their schools, workplaces, historical events, and so forth, which tend to look a little strange hanging on the wall but which, judging by the photos of people wearing the results, are somehow fashioned into quite appealing garments.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home