Monday, September 10, 2007

Give Me Your Hummus!

Ms. Spots has always been known for her adventurous palate. Chocolate, Indian food, macaroni and cheese, bagels, and gingerbread are only a few of the items that have caused her to race around begging to be fed.
Since the weather has been hot and my stove doesn't work (yes, I will be calling the building management about this, but not until the move-in process has subsided somewhat), I have been living on things like yogurt and bread-and-cheese. Ms. Spots was very excited about one of the bread loaves I brought home from Whole Foods (rabbits prefer certain types of bread, on a very individual basis).
More recently I was varying my diet by eating pita bread and hummus. Hummus has a way of dropping off the knife onto the floor before it reaches the bread, but not to worry, the Spotted Vacuum Cleaner was on the scene.
I have not seen her quite this excited about any food other than yogurt in some time. Every time the hummus container gets opened, she shows up for her share.
Moreover, I'm not sure I'll be able to eat much of it myself. Last night I sat down on the floor to eat a bagel with hummus, and next thing I knew she was climbing into my lap to get at it. We ended up splitting the bagel and she got about 75% of the hummus.
Orion is not, apparently, deeply interested in hummus but does think that he ought to be getting something too.
Remarks on academic matters will be forthcoming one of these days as a diversion from all this domestic news.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

You just never know. I have a cat who likes pasta sauce (tomato based). In college I lived with a kitten who would beg for hot salsa.

September 11, 2007 6:01 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Her latest demand was for ginger beer. I declined to let her have any since I didn't see how she could drink from the bottle like I do. There was a lot of frenzied dancing about and then the reproachful eye when it was clear none was going to be given to her.

September 12, 2007 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home