Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Color-Coded Life

Since, although I'm reasonably pleased at the recent temperature drop around here, it's resulted in my catching what I hope is only a mild indisposition, I have nothing brilliant to say about Reich, Freud, Rank, Krafft-Ebing, or anyone else of that ilk just now.
Instead, I will reveal the color scheme for my filing system:
Blue = school stuff
Lavender = photocopies of journal articles
Yellow = utilities and other such things
Orange = computer stuff
Green = financial stuff
Red = family history
Recycled brown = folders on specific artists
Uncolored Manila = what-have-you
Folders relating to the world of fiction have their own antediluvian, unexplainable color scheme.
It must be noted that in recent years, with the virtual takeover of Pendaflex folders in business, it has gotten harder to locate colors that I was planning to use for specific things. I believe I had intended to buy a box of aqua to put the journal articles in and then couldn't find actual boxes of that color. At this point, to be sure, I would like to have all those articles in PDF files rather than taking up a drawer or so in the file cabinet.
Speaking of things colorful, I like to think that I have removed all signs of carpet beetle infestation from at least two of my dresser drawers, so I put actual clothing in them (although I refrained from putting in anything silk or woolly since you never know). Everything is arranged by color, although this will certainly not last more than a week or so.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Gee--you're serious! I'm not sure I'd be able to keep track of that many colors. ;)

October 12, 2007 6:42 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Well, it's not exactly difficult when the folders are all next to each other. I can see at a glance which section to flip through to file the phone bill.

October 12, 2007 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home