Saturday, December 08, 2007

Goodbye Miguel and Dalia

Miguel started his MA when I started my PhD; I think it was to pass the time while his wife Dalia was doing an engineering PhD at Carnegie Mellon. They had just bought a house and Miguel had spent the summer making it livable.
But time goes by with astonishing speed. Miguel, like me, hopes to finish his PhD this year, while Dalia has gotten an impressive job at Duke. Their house sold in five days, which must be a miracle in Pittsburgh.
Travis and I went to their going-away party last weekend, and now Miguel and Dalia are on their way to Raleigh-Durham. They're an amazingly talented and energetic couple, who seem to accomplish much more than can possibly be normal. We look forward to seeing them again when Miguel returns for his defense, if not before!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home