Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What Would Freud Say?

People have all sorts of different mild anxiety dreams. Some of them fall into standard categories--I've found that lots of people have dreams about being very late to work because there are lots of detours and roadblocks on the way, and lots of people dream about going back to an old school and having to retake some subject but forgetting to sign up for it or to attend class.
I wonder, however, whether I have recently added new categories. I have now dreamt:
a) that suddenly it is time to graduate and I didn't order my cap and gown sufficiently in advance, and that it's baffling because I was sure we hadn't gotten to the middle of the fall semester yet (which is, in fact, true);
b) that I have entirely run out of Archelaus cards and don't know how to deal with this situation. It's true my supply is a little low after giving two boxes as gifts recently, but I really don't see the need to have dreams in which this is a dire problem when all I need to do is order more.
We won't even try to make sense of my apparently having been visited by an incubus recently. All I can say about that is that if my friends wish to appear in my dreams, I would prefer that they not turn into bizarre hags all of a sudden. That really spoils everything, after all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home