Friday, November 10, 2006

HOW ADVERTISING SPOILED ME: Amnesty

Another India-based observer of world advertising, Arvind, highlights a series of pro-human rights, anti-dictator stamps at ....HOW ADVERTISING SPOILED ME....: Amnesty...Interesting!

More locally, one of these days I plan to post some entertaining ads from interwar Czech periodicals. And I have just received word that my application for one of the grants was viewed favorably by my department, meaning that I am the university's nominee for this particular award (which is for studies of modernist art). I have no idea how many other schools are sending in applications, however. Probably at least 20, since there are something like 40 PhD programs in art history in the US. Much better odds than one of the grants I applied for last year, which had something like 1200 applicants. Anyhow, I still have an application to finish off this weekend...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Congrats on the D, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

November 11, 2006 5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home