Saturday, November 11, 2006

Masarykovo nádraží

I can't say I actually spend a lot of time at the Masarykovo nádraží, which is a medium-sized train station catering largely to commuter trains, but every so often I find myself there. For instance, some of the trains to Kutná Hora leave from there.
While it has not really been fixed up, it has its own peculiar charm. There are also various odd things to see in the station (as, for that matter, is the case in pretty much any train station for those who take the trouble to look).
For example, the aggressive sign stating that Bílá Labut' (a department store) calls to you.

The traveler seeking reading material can find some right here, especially if the desired material consists of old magazines.

The environs of the train station include a postal facility, although whether it is open to the public, I am unsure.

One can, of course, go out on the platform and wait for a train.

Or, one can wander a little further and find a small parking area. I have forgotten who it is for.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And did you answer the call of the white swan?

November 12, 2006 12:37 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

What does the white swan calls for?

I do love the pictures Karla

November 12, 2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

I have been ignoring the call of the white swan. I am sure it wants only for me to shop, shop, and shop again.

November 15, 2006 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home