Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Anežský kláštr

While my parents mainly came to Prague to see friends and take away some of my winter clothes, we have managed to fit in a few other things between sleeping and visiting. Today, for instance, we lunched at Café Louvre and then went to the Anežský kláštr to see medieval art.
According to the Národní galerie's somewhat limited website, the medieval and early renaissance art has only been at the kláštr since 2000, and I admit I can't remember where I saw any of it prior to that. Maybe I never saw any of it; I did see lots of art in Prague long ago, but one would think some of these might have stuck out in my memory.
Anyhow, the Anežský kláštr is a beautifully laid out home for these works, and my parents were much impressed with both the art and the setting. Since the Anežský kláštr is one of my favorite branches of the Národní galerie, I was pleased to have an excuse to go again.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane Dehler said...

Hi Karla,
Thanks for visiting my space and I'm sure you will enjoy your visit to the Bay Area. A google for "Sibley Maze" should get you to a website about one of them if you are interested. -Beleive there is a map to what use to be known as "The Mother Labyrinth."

May 03, 2007 5:05 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Excellent. Whenever I get back to the Bay Area life tends to be a little over-full of things to do and people to see, but it would make for a good expedition with friends.

May 04, 2007 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home