Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Return of the Hippies?

Since members of the gamelan got rather into the question of whether certain people would term themselves hippies, I think it is time for this quiz:

I am 37% Hippie.
Wanna Be Hippie!
I need to step away from the tie-dye. I smell too good to be a hippie and my dad is probably a cop. Being a hippie is not a fashion craze, man. It was a way of life, in the 60’s, man.

Nobody asked me if I was a hippie. OK, I confess, I was born too late to be a 60s hippie, but...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I'm sure it will not startle you to learn that I'm only 28% hippie. Man.

April 16, 2008 5:52 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

I was 37% too, must have been the tie-dye shirts ;-).

April 16, 2008 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

38%. I was born too early to be a hippy. My large dark glasses with heavy frames show I am a beatnik.

April 29, 2008 8:08 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

It occurs to me that there is something more interesting about the thought of your grandchildren boasting "My grandpa's a beatnik" than if they were to claim you were a hippie. Although early on hippies were sometimes referred to as beatniks. That brings back memories... beatniks, those guys in cartoons who wore beards, dark glasses, and sandals.

May 01, 2008 4:05 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

I took it again and went up to 41%. That's what dissertations will do to a person. At least, that's what I'll blame it on. Bring on the tie-dye, man.

May 01, 2008 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home