Friday, May 30, 2008

Basil Finds a Home!

That wonderfully lovable character Basil has been adopted! He wasn't at the shelter when I dropped by this afternoon to supply some petting--the rabbit population was down by at least two since my last visit--but I wasn't sure whether he had been adopted or gone to a foster home until I visited his web page.
Of course, Basil is such a gentle and delightful creature that it is no surprise someone felt the need to take him home. I hope that his new human adores him utterly and that they have a long and rapturous life together.
Sophia, meanwhile, was initially shy but decided to be brave and come to the front of the cage for an extremely long petting session. I didn't think she was ever going to lose interest, and since she needs lots of petting, I didn't want to stop until she was ready. All the other rabbits became very restive as it dawned on them that Sophia was getting something like twenty minutes of nonstop petting. Bingo did everything he could think of to get my attention, but since he's a favorite of mine, I thought I should be fair and pet a few others first for fear they might not get any. By the time I got to him, he was almost ready to expire from fear he might not get petted. Unfortunately his cage is in a difficult corner and I have to move his neighbor's cage to open his door, let alone sit with him. But he was very glad to be petted. Bingo's white rex neighbor, an older rabbit who looks as if he's been chewed on, also needed a great deal of petting as he's a very lonely creature, and even Bingo's other neighbor, who is highly territorial, was grateful to get a little attention. The gentle little lionhead rabbit I met last time is pending adoption, but he seemed convinced that the only desirable outcome would be for me to take him home myself. I hope his adoption goes through and provides him with massive amounts of affection.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian Burtt said...

Hooray for Basil!

May 31, 2008 8:08 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Yay for bunny!

May 31, 2008 9:36 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

By the way, apparently you still have your blog set to Prague time.

May 31, 2008 9:37 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

It is still set to Prague time because I discovered that changing it changes the time/date on every post. Or at least it did last time I tried.

June 01, 2008 3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home