Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Snow of the Season

It snowed much of the day but alas I didn't photograph it.
I was, instead:
1) cutting dissertation
2) meeting with student about exam
3) cutting more dissertation
4) playing unusually loud fast music in gamelan (almost as if we were in a Balinese group, but with a completely different sound), which we are thinking of mating to electric guitar with heavy distortion just for fun
5) cutting more dissertation
6) realizing that tomorrow's Powerpoint presentation is one of those I didn't actually finish over the summer and has to be created almost from scratch
7) petting neglected lapines (Orion has been sneezing, may have to go the vet)
8) trawling through Library of Congress's web site looking for late-19th-century wood engravings of labor, strikes, immigration, and related topics.

Labels: ,


Blogger gef said...

Hi, Karla. Good to hear from you! Since you've asked, I'll use your question as a pretext to say something about my novel on the blog. Maybe you'll come see us in Spain. Meanwhile, happy Halloween, Election Day and Thanksgiving.

October 30, 2008 1:36 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Good vibes from Prague for the last bit of dissertation trimming and I hope Orion feels better soon. I'm trying to feed J medicine for a fever and having a hard time too (he unaccountably doesn't like the sweet stuff - C calls it candy medicine!) but I don't have to chase him under furniture so am guessing our lot is a bit easier!

November 01, 2008 12:18 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Geoff, I am all for visiting Spain, but who knows when...

Julia, you have much the easier situation: hold his nose and I'm sure you can dose J with some success given he doesn't choke on the stuff. I couldn't capture Mr. English Spot this morning (Calypso Spots was prepared to take the medicine on his behalf) so his dose is in the refrigerator awaiting some brilliant idea on my part.

November 01, 2008 5:14 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Holding his nose I never thought of!! I've been prying open his mouth and then spooning in the medicine. He is pretty stubborn though, today he waited for an hour with it in his mouth and finally spit it back out again. I had no idea babies could be so opposed to certain flavors, truly.

November 02, 2008 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home