Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Brian Goes to Syracuse: It's all about the Pentiums, baby

In honor of my new laptop (a Toshiba Tecra M4 currently en route here), I direct you to Brian's post of Weird Al's lyrics to "It's All About the Pentiums" (Brian Goes to Syracuse: It's all about the Pentiums, baby) I don't think my new machine has a dual core like Brian's, as it is a slightly older model, but it should be very spiffy all the same.
Meanwhile, the old laptop has visited the UC Berkeley library once but mainly sits on my father's desk, hooked up to its 100GB hard drive. I'm feeling a little as though I ought to put the 100GB back inside it since there haven't been any problems and it is irritating to discover how many programs, even if run from that drive, rely on outdated information on the boot disk. Once the new machine arrives, I will probably be sticking the 30GB drive into my parents' laptop, which only has a 10GB drive and to my surprise is rather full despite their only using it for wordprocessing, email, and tax returns. I guess we should clear off all those old editions of TurboTax, as I can't imagine what else could be taking up so much space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home