Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Calypso Spots Takes the Stage

Now that I have returned to California, it is clearly time to photograph the estimable Ms. Spots. I was somewhat concerned that my efforts to send telepathic petting over the past ten months might have been unsuccessful and she would regard me with the disdain appropriate to one who abandons one's rabbits, but it appeared that at least some of my efforts got through; she approached me with only a slight reserve and I think she is now assured that it really is me and not a ghost. She has been very much interested in having rabbit massage and other enjoyments that were not forthcoming in my absence.
I am pleased to say, however, that my parents have become very attached to the Spotted One and treat her with suitable adoration. We are all still getting over George's death, but it is splendid to see my father lie down on the floor to commune with Ms. Spots (even if he does call her Spotsy-Girl), and she has got my mother into a routine of assorted treats (carrots, lettuce, yogurt, and crackers at their appointed times) to augment her diet of strictly limited pellet intake. It looks as though Ms. Spots has lost the appropriate weight and is as happy as any genuinely bereaved rabbit could possibly be. Perhaps tomorrow I will get over to the House Rabbit Society to take a look at prospective companions...



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Spots looks fantastic! I can't wait to see her new companion.

July 19, 2006 4:54 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I'm planning to visit the House Rabbit Society this afternoon, but I don't expect to be able to pick out a new rabbit right away. There are four of us to satisfy.

July 19, 2006 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home