Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Prague's New Air Terminal

I'm not sure when I first encountered the Prague airport... perhaps as recently as 1987. Certainly, at that time it was quite small and hardly had any traffic, since most of the few people entering and leaving the country went by ground.
When I began visiting the Czech Republic again a few years ago, I was surprised to see it all spruced up and boasting modern shops, money-exchange, cash machines, and its own bus stop. On the other hand, it seemed to have more traffic than it could comfortably handle, at least at certain times of day. You could spend a long time standing in line to check in or go through customs.
Now, however, the airport has gotten a whole new terminal, and it is very glossy. I saw it for the first time on Friday and couldn't resist taking a series of photos. I suppose it is much like new airport terminals everywhere, but it is so unlike anything I associate with the Prague airport that I was much amazed. I also didn't have to wait in a long line to check in, but that could have been because I had a mid-morning flight and arrived considerably in advance of departure.




The airport even has its own food court, part of which is decorated with silverware.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home