Sunday, February 18, 2007

Back from Austria

I returned safely from the Austrian ski extravaganza at about 1am last night (I was able to catch the last #14 tram across the river by running after it, and then got the trusty #52 night tram the rest of the way). However, I don't think I am yet able to stare at the screen long enough to say much more about it.
Instead, I offer some entertaining tidbits:
Dirk has sent word of a Czech modernist film festival in Chicago. Find out more here!
Jesse, knowing that I would like to be well informed about these things, has located an article about sex shops in Budapest.
Another item that shouldn't be missed is this photo of the standard Slovenian physique as depicted in art deco bas relief. I must say I am relieved that the person of Slovenian descent in my life does not look at all like this and apparently resembles some other part of his ancestry. The excessive musculature could be tolerated if need be, but it would be pretty alarming to dine out in the company of a face like that, let alone what it would be like to have it glaring at you first thing in the morning.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Yes a guy like that would not inspire tenderness!

February 18, 2007 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home