Friday, May 04, 2007

Ephemera hits 400!

The Ephemera blog has hit 400 posts. These days there are a lot of interviews with collectors of specific types of ephemera, as well as the usual notes on individual intriguing items. Lots of fun stuff to look at and ponder.
On this blog, however, I anticipate little will be said over the next few days as my parents and I have what could prove a grueling schedule of visits to make. Having seen several Prague-based friends, we've now rented a car and ventured out to visit Štěpanka in her village lair. Tomorrow we head for Rakovník, Sunday to Merklín, Monday to Přeštice, and Tuesday to Kutná Hora. Well, at least there's a lot of greenery to be seen out there. My Czech has been getting a workout and functioning well (as it generally does on visits unless I have to talk about politics, economics, Osama bin Laden, or other topics beyond my explanatory capacity). As some of our friends are curious how my parents escaped their rabbit-tending duties, I explain that Ms. Spots and Orion are temporarily residing at the House Rabbit Society, permitting parental travel. The spotted pair are very popular at the HRS (among the staff; I couldn't say whether they appeal to the other boarders and the not-yet-adopted).
Our vehicle is a Škoda Fabia. While this is the cheapest rental car I could find (it has no radio but does have a lot of advertising on the sides), we have been favorably impressed. My parents tell me it is extremely comfortable. I do prefer driving my own car, but the Škoda is surprisingly similar to drive, other than lacking power steering or much power in general.
I suppose this is not remarkably coherent, but the designated driver is falling asleep.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

You are the designated driver, AND you're blogging?!?! coherency be damned! This situation is worse than cell phones! I see an in-depth investigation on 60 Minutes in the near future, complete with on-air demonstration. "Watch out for the hairpin turn, Lesley Stahl!"

I remember your dad. He said "pop" instead of "soda," which I thought was odd at the time. Now I realized a lot of people say "pop." Aren't I the poor cousin?

May 05, 2007 11:55 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Funny, my father so rarely refers to any carbonated beverage that I had never noticed which term he used. He does tells stories about how only one kid at school drank Coke, and can recite jingles about how "Coke is a drink that is bad" (I can never remember just how the rest of it goes).

May 06, 2007 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home