Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Pittsburgh House Rabbit Club


The dreaded trip to The Waterfront was duly made (after more interesting projects like going to the library to print out my chapters). In the window of Petco, I was intrigued to see a sign encouraging house rabbit adoption from local shelters (Ms. Spots came from one of these).
It turns out that while I was in Prague, a Pittsburgh House Rabbit Club was formed to promote house rabbits and adoption from shelters!
I was very pleased. This will have to be investigated further, especially as the shelters feature Bun Runs and Rabbit Romps on Saturdays. Of course, there is the danger of falling in love with more rabbits when I can really only manage to have two at a time. Nonetheless... I'm sure some of the shelter rabbits could use more petting. Orion, for instance, is on his way to being a Glutton for Petting just like Ms. Spots, although I'm not sure that's what fascinates him about my bed.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

A Bun Run sounds like it could be hilarious to watch. From a distance that is, says she with unfortunate allergies.

February 04, 2008 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Karla,
I found your blog when I googled "rabbit Pittsburgh" today (as I do from time to time, to see what's out there).

You really must come to a Bunny Romp or Bun Run! If you email me I'll send you some photos. We are always looking for visitors to help socialize the shelter bunnies.

Email me for details -- mary@cvetan.com

March 02, 2008 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home